Saturday, February 13, 2010

Phebruary 13, 2010


The White Stripes - 'The Union Forever'.
'Citizen Kane'. A movie that means so much to me. Changed the world of storytelling for eternity. And Orson Welles was only 25 years old at the time. I remember being so shocked when I was listening to 'White Blood Cells' and hearing this tribute song using lines from the movie as lyrics. This was all before 'Seven Nation Army' and all that, so it was difficult for me to share with anyone just how awesome these guys are. Here we have Charles Foster Kane, with his unfinished Xanadu, and the snowy scene with his childhood sled. I shaped his hlking mass to mimic the snowglobe-shape that starts the movie off. Anyway, this one took me just under 10 hours to do from scratch. Haven't inked in the longest time, so it's a bit sloppy. Longest part was cleaning up all the crap that appeared when I scanned it at a higher resolution than all the others. Though it's much clearer, so I'll prob keep doing it that way. Exhausting, but hey, what isn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment